1. On 7 January who is the country Palestinian Authority President has issued a decree renaming the organization the “State of Palestine ?
Ans:- Mahmoud Abbas
2. On 16 January 2013 Which country Cargo Ship MV Amina fled away from the waters of Sri Lanka after suffering detention by its Navy for about two months ?
3. Which country president signed into law the Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012 on January 2013 ?
4. Which country Bar Council recently Suggested Chemical Castration for Repeated Sex Offenders ?
INDIA & WORLD
1. According to the which country 2012 Home Office report, India is among 10 countries that are the main sources of illegal immigration ?
2. On 30 January 2013 which country Pledged Humanitarian Assistance of 2.5 Million US Dollars to Syria ?
3. India asked to avoid Violence Prone Areas in which country on 19 January 2013 ?
4. Which two countries agreed not to allow escalation of tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) on 16 January 2013 ?
Ans:- India and Pakistan
5. What is the name of the Tibetan Monk got sentenced to death by the Chinese Court for encouraging the self-Immolations?
1. In how many districts Government of India launched Direct Cash Transfer Benefit (CBT) on 1 January 2013 ?
Ans:- 20 districts
2. According to the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2012 report which class students could read Class II text fell from 53.7% in 2010 to 46.8% in 2012
Ans:- Vth class
3. Who released the Commemorative Postage Stamps, at the Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, in New Delhi on 12 January 2013 ?
Ans:- President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee
4. Government of India how much crore of the MGNREGA linked Post Office Accounts would be used under the Direct Cash Transfer Scheme on January 2013 ?
Ans:- 3.5 Crore
1. What is the name of the system launched by Odisha government on 2 January 2013 for citizens under the Odisha Right to Public Service Act, 2012 ?
Ans:- Public Service Delivery System
2. In which state the first Shariat panchayat is scheduled to be inaugurated on 3 March 2013 ?
3. Which state high court stayed the state government’s decision for giving 4 per cent additional reservation to Gurjar on 29 January 2013?
Ans:- Rajasthan High Court
4. On 20 January Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated Ghat Ki Guni tunnel at Jaipur.
1. What is the name of the 100th Indian Science Congress theme which was held from 3 to 7 January 2013 at Kolkata ?
Ans:- Science for Shaping the Future of India
2. The 43rd World Economic Forum Annual Meeting held from 23 – 27 January at —-
Ans:- Davos-Klosters in Switzerland
AWARDS & HONOURS
1. Who is the Mauritius President was received the 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award on 9 January 2013 ?
Ans:- Rajkeswur Purryag
2. Who is an Indian researcher selected for a prestigious ‘Young Investigator Scholarship Award’ for his work on a drug to cure Alzheimer’s?
Ans:- Mahaveer Golechha
3. Who got the Best Actor award at the 58th Idea Filmfare Awards held in Mumbai on 20 January 2013?
Ans:- Ranbir Kapoor
4. Who honoured with the prestigious “International Scientific Cooperation Award 2012″?
Ans:- C N R Rao
5. Who launched a Tang Prize(Asian Noble Prize) on 28 January 2013 ?
Ans:- Samuel Yin
6. Who was selected for the Order of Australia Medal award on 30 January 2013?
Ans:- Krishna Arora
SPORTS & GAMES
1. Who is a former India player announced his retirement from first class cricketer on 01 January 2013?
Ans:- Sanjay Bangar
2. Who got the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year 2011-12 on 03 January 2013?
Ans:- Virat Kohli
3. Who won the WTA Brisbane International trophy on 5th January 2013?
Ans:- Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek
4. Who defeated the Bulgarian star Grigor Dimitrov to get a Brisbane International title on 06 January 2013?
Ans:- Andy Murray
5. Who won the Chennai Open Tennis Title on 6 January 2013 ?
6. Which country won in the third and final Test match against Sri Lanka on 6 January 2013 ?
7. Who is an Australian cricketer suspended for one match and $4500 at MCG on 07 January 2013?
Ans:- Shane Warne
8. Who got the FIFA Player of the Year award consecutively four times?
Ans:- Lionel Messi
9. Who got the youngest national table tennis championship award on 11 January 2013?
Ans:- Soumyajit Ghosh
10. Which country won the Test series with 2-0 between South Africa and New Zealand?
Ans:- South Africa
11. Who is from Andhra Pradesh selected to represent India at the World Cup fencing championship in Doha (Qatar), to be held from January 19 to 21?
12. To whom the International Olympics Committee (IOC) asked to return the Olympic Bronze Medal and Certificate of 2000 Sydney Games on 17 January 2013 after found guilty of doping?
Ans:- Lance Armstrong
13. Who won the Malaysian Open Badminton Championship Women’s singles title on 20 January 2013 ?
Ans:- Tai Tzu-ying
14. Who won the Australian Open Tennis Tournament Mens single’s title in the final on January 2013 ?
Ans:- Novak Djokovic
15. Who got the first place in the women’s singles rankings in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on 31 January 2013?Ans:- Lee Juri
1. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index Who is the 18th richest person in the world?
Ans:- Mukesh Ambani
2. Which country company Toyota Motor appears at the top ranked in the top-1500 Global R&D investments list ?
3. On 29 January 2013 The Reserve Bank of India slashed Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) from 4.5% to —-
Ans:- 4 percent
4. On 23 January 2013 The International Monetary Fund (IMF) projected that the economic growth rate of India in 2013 would be ——– ?
Ans:- 5.9 percent
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1. NASA/ESA Astronomers had captured one of the flattest galaxies known in the universe, sitting like a silver needle in the haystack of space using Hubble Space Telescope.What is the name of the galaxy?
Ans:- IC 2233
2. What cells in White blood cells having the capacity to kill the tumour (Cancer) cell?
Ans:- T lymphocytes
3. What is the name of the rocket used to launch a Mars Orbiter Mission in the mid-October 2013?
4. How many earth size plantes are found in a Milky way Glaxy?
Ans:- 17 billion
5. What is the name of the missile successfully test fired by the Indian Navy on 09 January 2013 at Visakhapatnam?
6. What is the name of the largest Space structure found in the Universe?
Ans:- Large Quasar Group(LQG)
7. What is the name of the underwater ballistic missile India successfully test fired on 27 January 2013?
8. What is the name of the multi-barrel rocket launcher (MBRL) weapon system, was successfully test fired from a defence base at Chandipur-on-sea on 30 January 2013?
PERSONS IN NEWS
1. Who is the first minority community person appointed as a chief of the Intelligence Bureau?
Ans:- Asif Ibrahim
2. Who is appointed a deputy governor at the Reserve Bank of India on 02 January 2013?
Ans:- Urjit Patel
3. Who is the present chairman of 20th Law Commission?
Ans:- Justice DK Jain
4. Who is the first woman speaker and Indian-origin elected for the Singapore’s Parliament on 08 Janauary 2013?
Ans:- Halimah Yacob
5. Who is the new Chairman and Managing Director of Canara Bank?
Ans:- RK Dubey
6. Who is the new executive director of Central Bank of India appointed on 11 January 2013?
Ans:- Raj Kumar Goyal
7. Who is the Founding Chairwoman of CII’s women wing
Ans:- Suchitra Ella
8. Who is the present Secretary of State of America?
Ans:- John Kerry
9. Who is the present President of Czech?
Ans:- Milos Zeman
1. Who is the first woman chief justice SriLanka dismissed by the Sri Lankan President?
Ans:- Shirani Bandamayake
1. Who is the oldest surviving woman of the world, died at the age of 115 years in a town near Tokyo, Japan on 12 Jan. 2012 ?
Ans:- Koto Okubo
2. Who is the the former all-rounder of India from Surat died on 13 January 2013 in Mumbai ?
Ans:- Rusi Framroze Surti
3. Who is the co-founder of Reditt committed suicide on 11 January 2013 ?
Ans:- Aaron Awartz
1. Which village was visited by Mauritius President Rajkeswur Purryag in Bihar near patna on January 2013 ?
2. Who visited Vietnam on January 2013 from India ?
Ans:- Vice President Hamid Ansari
3. Who visited the India from Bhutan on 23 January 2013?
Ans:- Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
1. In which case Ex-CM of Haryana Om Prakash Chautala arrested on 16 January 2013?
Ans:-Teachers Recruitment Scam
2. Who is the oldest Indian woman conquer the 6 Summits,the highest mountains of each of the six continents?
Ans:- Premlata Agarwal
3. What is the name of the Tibetan Monk got sentenced to death by the Chinese Court for encouraging the self-Immolations?
Ans:- Lorang Konhok
PLACES IN NEWS
1. On 27 January 2013 In which country 233 People Killed in Night Club Fire Accident ?
1. What is the abbreviation of WEF?
Ans:- World Economic Forum
BOOKS IN NEWS
1. Who is the author of “My Share of the Task : A Memoir ” Book ,which was released on 7 January 2013 ?
Ans:- General Stanley McChrystal
1. What is the name of the committee set up to recommend measures to improve laws dealing with sexual offences on 23 December 2012?
Ans:- JS Verma